Re: [Exim] Exim 4.34 Server: synchronization errors

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.34 Server: synchronization errors
Johann Spies wrote:
> I also get this "synchronization error (input sent without waiting
> for +greeting)" often in my mailing logs.
> [...]
> Is it just a case of mail servers not using the correct protocol or
> is it something I can (should) correct on my side?

Well, not "not the correct protocol", but "the protocol not correct".
If a client sends anything before the server could send the greeting,
thats a protocoll violation. As Peter said, you can savely ignore them,
unless some of your users complain. (Because they're using buggy client
software.)

lg,
daniel