Re: [Exim] Exim 4.34 Server: synchronization errors

Author: Johann Spies
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.34 Server: synchronization errors
On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 01:46:16PM +0200, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
> Ephraim Silverberg wrote:
> >telnet mailhost.cs.huji.ac.il 25
> >
> >It takes several minutes to respond and in the meantime the Exim 4.34
> >server logs the following:
> [...]
> >3. DNS lookup (and reverse lookup) of the laptop on the Exim servers
> >gives an immediate (and correct) response.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> Ident?
> Try setting
> rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s
> in exim main configuration. Or set rfc1413_hosts to empty string.

I also get this "synchronization error (input sent without waiting for
+greeting)" often in my mailing logs. After reading your mail I have
changed the rfc1413_query_timeout to 0s but I still get one very
minute or two in the logs (on a server that handles about 30000 emails
per day and rejects about 12000 emails (viruses, spam and bounces)).
Is it just a case of mail servers not using the correct protocol or is
it something I can (should) correct on my side?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said,
      We ought to obey God rather than men."
                                        Acts 5:29