Re: [Exim] Meaning of quota_warn_threshold?

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Meaning of quota_warn_threshold?
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 10:14:37AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> But, if the quota is nearly used, a warning message is likely also not
> to be deliverable... leading to another warning... which is not
> deliverable... leading to.......

You have a point there, but that's the case with all autoresponders.

Like with other warnings/automatic responses, how about never sending a
warning if the envelope sender of the original message is empty? If the
user uses filters, he might forward the current warning, which might
trigger a response on the foreign system. Since it are new messages,
the number of received headers does not increase, so warnings may run
endless with the current algorithm already, if his MUA polls the mailbox
frequently enough.

Certainly a constructed case, but I think that warnings like "your message
could not be delivered within 24h, still trying" are not sent for delivery
of bounces, either.

Michael