Re: [Exim] Meaning of quota_warn_threshold?

Autor: Michael Haardt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Meaning of quota_warn_threshold?
> > the manual states that quota_warn_threshold gets active upon a delivery.
> > Does that include failed deliveries?
>
> I think so but I can't remember. Please do the experiment.

It doesn't include failed deliveries, because the code to handle warnings
is part of the local delivery. If a message can not be delivered,
because it would overflow quota, the message is deferred and retry
rules come into play. This is unrelated to local delivery, so the code
does not obey the special_action flag, and in particular SPECIAL_WARN.
I may be wrong here, though. Is the special_action saved as part of
the deferred message or does the status get lost once the delivery ends?

Either way, I really would like if SPECIAL_WARN would be processed
when bouncing a message. I don't see a point in warning a user that a
delivered message crossed the warning threshold and not warning users when
messages bounced, because they tried to overflow not only the threshold,
but also the quota.

Michael