Re: [Exim] Compilation problem on Solaris

Autor: Cameron Gregg
A: Graham Butler
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Compilation problem on Solaris
Graham Butler wrote:
> I am trying to compile Exim 4.34 on a Sun box (Solaris 8) and I am
> getting an 'ld' error. I have installed the libiconv-1.9.1 and added
> HAVE_ICONV=yes to the Local/Makefile, but I still get the same problem.
> Can any body point me in the right direction? I am using gcc version
> 3.3.1.

> libiconv                            rfc2047.o
> libiconv_open                       rfc2047.o
> libiconv_close                      rfc2047.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to exim
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1

> Graham Butler

I find I have to mess around with my path all the time when on solaris.
I can't remember what I set it to last time I compiled exim, but here is
my usual procedure when compiling anything.

set my path up so it uses the gnu tools first, then the sun tools:
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb; export PATH

if I get errors such as the one above, i try reversing the first two,
that is:

PATH=/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb; export PATH

I'm not sure whether this will help, but may be worth a shot.

Cameron