Re: [Exim] Re: [exiscanusers] exiscan-acl-4.40-23

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: Exim Users Mailing List, exiscanusers
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: [exiscanusers] exiscan-acl-4.40-23
On 2004-07-16 Tom Kistner <tom@???> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler wrote:

[...]
> >I wonder whether it would not be better to beat the patch autors
> >repeatedly on the head to force them to unify their interface before
> >giving one of them semi-official status by including it in exiscan.

I forgot to mention that the libsrs2-patch is based on the -alt patch.

> I chose -alt because -non-alt wanted me to look at a patch for qmail
> to learn about the API. *YUKK*

;-)

>> (I do not like the fact that libsrs_alt requires OpenSSL to
>> compile)

> I guess it only uses some hashing algorithms, maybe they can be
> implemented natively in the future.

ametzler@downhill:/tmp/libsrs_alt-0.3$ grep -ri openssl src
src/hash.h:#include <openssl/hmac.h>
src/hash.h:#include <openssl/evp.h>
src/srs_alt.c:        // Use OpenSSL HMAC to perform hash

exim includes native HMAC sha1 routines, perhaps they could be
grabbed.
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"