Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT

Autor: Jan Lühr
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT <jlu ehr@gmx.net>
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT
Greetings,...

Am Freitag, 16. Juli 2004 06:04 schrieb Kjetil Torgrim Homme:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 22:26 +0200, Jan Lühr wrote:
> > I've been using Exim 4.34 on my debian woody (backport from
> > http://www.logic.univie.ac.at woody/) for weeks without any problem.
> > Last week, exim started to refuse to deliver mail brought in by MUA's via
> > SMTP (TLS or Plain (SSL-Tunneled)). It says:
> >
> > 2004-07-15 22:12:27 H=dial-194-8-196-171.netcologne.de (dagobert)
> > [194.8.196.171] F=<jan@???> temporarily rejected RCPT
> > <jlu ehr@???>
>
> are you sure there is no more information in the rejectlog?

Yes. Should I increase the loglevel somewhere?

> > Many usenet posts say DNS my be an issue, but I neither changed anything
> > nor any other service is affected. Futhermore, Mail written by an MUA on
> > a local (SSH) Terminal is delivered correctly (Even to non-local users).
> >
> > What may be wrong here?
>
> hard to say without seeing your ACLs, I think. but I do know that your
> messages would be _permanently_ rejected by my server. "dagobert" isn't
> a valid argument for HELO, it needs to be fully qualified.

Hmm... That sounds logical. But the point is I have not set any ACLs on
purpose. Everyone who is able to authorize himeself with a valid username and
password should be able to send mail. It's a logged, anyway, maybe some
defaults might have changed. Do you have a more specific idea? I don't have
whitelists, blacklists, etc...
What should I look for?

> (BTW, Kmail screwed up your Subject. RFC 2047 encoded-words must appear
> as atoms, ie. with surrounding whitespace.)

Well... ehm maybe. Feel free to write a bugreport, if you like to. Surely you
know it better than I...

Keep smiling
yanosz
- --
Achtung Adressfälschungen! Daher gilt:
"Jans Echte" - Nur echt mit der Signatur.
Infos siehe: http://www.luehr.mynetcologne.de/echeck.html