Re: [Exim] Auto bounce under some conditions

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Auto bounce under some conditions
On 7/15/2004 0:15, "Jan-Peter Koopmann" <Jan-Peter.Koopmann@???>
wrote:

> On Thursday, July 15, 2004 6:13 AM exim-users-admin@??? wrote:
>
>> The problem is when "deny", how to auto-bounce a message to
>> tell the sender that the attachment type is forbided and tell
>> the receiver that some user has ever sent an message with an forbied
>> attachment type?
>
> Put it in your error message. The senders MTA will bounce the message back to
> the user with your error message... Will it not?

1. In the current market, far too many people have no idea what a bounce
message is telling them.

2. Some mail code really seems to go out of its way NOT to include the text
of the rejection.

3. Try not to send long SMTP time rejections to your own users who use the
usual GUI-based MUAs. Some of these show the first line; some the last
line; and some do worse. We've had to stop doing SMTP time rejection for
our small number of virtual domain which use custom rejection messages in
the form of short novels. We'll put it back in for "external" messages
soon, when it will become easier to detect those.

--John