Re: [Exim] Multiple recipients and whitelist checks

Autor: Christian Balzer
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Multiple recipients and whitelist checks
Tony wrote:

>When I have time to implement SMTP-time SpamAssassin checks here I'd like
>to allow my users to specify a threshold, which will probably split them
>into about 15 sets (for no threshold and the integers between 5 and 20).
>This implies quite a lot of deliveries for a message with lots of
>recipients, and possibly delays of hours.

We currently do that level of granularity, actually from 1-20. And as
you probably realize by now, doing it at SMTP time is a PITA.
We try very hard and give plenty of choices to our users to reject
mail at SMTP time, but SA is just not worth the suffering for us.

I'm thinking about implementing something like "do SA and virus at
SMTP time if there is just one recipient (who has those options on),
otherwise use the current setup". But being a big KISS fan, I'm not
thinking that hard about it. Viruses get dropped on the floor anyway
as it is right now.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services