Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT <jlu ehr@gmx.net>

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: Jan Lühr
CC: Exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT
Subject: Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT <jlu ehr@gmx.net>
On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 22:26 +0200, Jan Lühr wrote:
> I've been using Exim 4.34 on my debian woody (backport from
> http://www.logic.univie.ac.at woody/) for weeks without any problem.
> Last week, exim started to refuse to deliver mail brought in by MUA's via SMTP
> (TLS or Plain (SSL-Tunneled)). It says:
>
> 2004-07-15 22:12:27 H=dial-194-8-196-171.netcologne.de (dagobert)
> [194.8.196.171] F=<jan@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <jlu
> ehr@???>

are you sure there is no more information in the rejectlog?

> Many usenet posts say DNS my be an issue, but I neither changed anything nor
> any other service is affected. Futhermore, Mail written by an MUA on a local
> (SSH) Terminal is delivered correctly (Even to non-local users).
>
> What may be wrong here?

hard to say without seeing your ACLs, I think. but I do know that your
messages would be _permanently_ rejected by my server. "dagobert" isn't
a valid argument for HELO, it needs to be fully qualified.

(BTW, Kmail screwed up your Subject. RFC 2047 encoded-words must appear
as atoms, ie. with surrounding whitespace.)
--
Kjetil T.