Re: [Exim] Large scale quarantines

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: mark moseley
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Large scale quarantines
On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 09:06 -0700, mark moseley wrote:
> Does anyone here have any good experience to share on
> building large scale quarantines?
>
> I'm looking at the possibility of having to figure out
> some way to do quarantining for the following
> scenario:
> *. Per-user, for a possible 200k users, but must scale
> to much more. The ramification here being that
> messages would have to be parsed frequently when an
> user comes in and wants to see a list of messages (via
> some web page)

sounds like your quarantine is what we call INBOX.spam.

we have a special rule to make Cyrus deliver to INBOX.spam (but the user
can override it with a Sieve filter), and let Cyrus do automatic purging
of messages older than 14 days.

we have a quarantine area for messages containing viruses, but we don't
give users access to quarantined messages unless we're 100% sure the
user knows what he's doing. (it's happened twice, I think :-)
--
Kjetil T.