RE: [Exim] log_selector

Autor: Tony Finch
A: Eli
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] log_selector
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Eli wrote:

> I'll second this idea - I prefer to keep all the exim stuff in one log file,
> as you get a much better feel (visually when viewing log files w/out the aid
> of another program) as to what happened exactly in what sequence.

I want the good email transactions and rcpt rejections in the mainlog, and
the ratware junk in the rejectlog.

> My issue is that yes, there is some stuff I get logged as reject info that
> I'd like to not log (esp the ip/host resolving errors that I get for helo
> checks), however the main dislike I have for the reject log is the fact that
> it will also log ALL headers from a message should a message be rejected
> once Exim gets headers for it (ie, during the DATA acl).

You should read the documentation: -host_lookup_failed -rejected_header

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
SHETLAND ISLES: SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4. SCATTERED SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD.