Re: [Exim] [Fwd: Re: Authentication problem]

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Kostadin Kostadinov
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [Fwd: Re: Authentication problem]
On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:23, Kostadin Kostadinov wrote:
> Today I added followed commands in exim4.conf as i was adviced by one of
> list members.
> in main section:
> hostlist auth_relay_hosts = *

> in ACL section
> accept hosts = +auth_relay_hosts

This makes you an open relay.
You are allowing any host to relay through you *without* authentication
(unless theres an ACL before that which you have not told us about which
restricts things down).

> accept hosts = +relay_hosts
>       endpass
>       message = Athentication required
>       authenticated = *

I think what you meant to have was

hostlist auth_relay_hosts = *
hostlist relay_hosts = 192.168.0.0/24  # or other description of your
                                       # net that can relay

----

# initial acl checks

# allow specific hosts to relay without auth
accept hosts = +relay_hosts

   # allow authenticated hosts from listed networks to relay
   accept hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
      endpass
      message = Athentication required
      authenticated = *

I have not looked very carefully at the authenticator, but I see no fail
section in there. Check what happens if someone presents you with an
unknown username and a empty password.

    Nigel.