Re: [Exim] Expansion in condition of router - permissions is…

Autor: Christian Ashby
A: Exim-Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Expansion in condition of router - permissions issue
>> Hi,
>>     Quick question... If I have check_local_user in a router, it should
>>     run the router as the local_part user, right?

> I think the router runs as root for deliveries and as the Exim user for
> address
> verification. If this router is not critical for verifying addresses you
> could
> set no_verify. If it is critical maybe you could set up an alternate
> router
> with verify_only that doesn't try to read the file.

Ahh, that would be the answer. Basically I'm trying to setup a user.config
file in the user's home directory (similar to the way vexim uses the MySQL
database) to configure things such as spam / malware refusal / redirection.
Does this mean that the exim user must be given access to the file (and
therefore I have to put the file somewhere other than the user's home)? Or
am I missing a better way of doing this?

Thanks very much for your response.

Christian Ashby
Spiralinks, Inc.