Re: [Exim] Expansion in condition of router - permissions is…

Autor: John Dalbec
A: Exim-Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Expansion in condition of router - permissions issue
Christian Ashby wrote:

> Hi,
>     Quick question... If I have check_local_user in a router, it should run
> the router as the local_part user, right?

I think the router runs as root for deliveries and as the Exim user for address
verification. If this router is not critical for verifying addresses you could
set no_verify. If it is critical maybe you could set up an alternate router
with verify_only that doesn't try to read the file.

You could also try adding require_files; that has an option to check file
permissions as the user. It might not help with verification, but you might get
more informative error messages.

>     If so, then does anything under the condition part also run as the
> user?
> It doesn't seem to as an lsearch lookup in the user's home directory is
> failing as follows:

>     failed to open /home/{user}/.exim/user.config for linear search:
> Permission denied (euid=93 egid=93)

Is 93 your Exim user?

HTH,
John