Re: [Exim] HELO verification failure for localhost MUA acces…

Author: Toralf Lund
Subject: Re: [Exim] HELO verification failure for localhost MUA access
Peter Bowyer wrote:

>Toralf Lund said:
>

>>Actually, maybe the problem is that the HELO is, strictly speaking, not
>>verified since the verification is skipped. The real question is perhaps:
>>How do I distinguish between "not checked" and "verification failed"?
>>

>Yes, that will be it.
>
>How about this: apply the same condition on the current 'warn' ACL as you
>have on helo_try_verify_hosts. Then add another with the opposite
>condition, which adds a 'HELO not checked' warning.

Yes. I now have

   1. hostlist helo_check_hosts = ....
   2. helo_try_verify_hosts = +helo_check_hosts
   3. warn      hosts = +helo_check_hosts
                !verify = helo
                message = Message sent with invalid HELO/EHLO
      ($sender_host_name [$sender_host_address] presented itself as
      $sender_helo_name)

Not sure about the 'HELO not checked' bit, as it would easily be added
on messages sent from localhost to external domains, which I don't want.

Also, I'd be a lot happier if I could somehow directly connect the
warning setup to "helo_try_verify_hosts". I generally dislike making
duplicate references in the manner seen here...

- Toralf