[Exim] HELO verification failure for localhost MUA access

Author: Toralf Lund
Subject: [Exim] HELO verification failure for localhost MUA access
I just noticed that the following

  warn    !verify = helo
          message = Message sent with invalid HELO/EHLO ($sender_host_name [$sender_host_address] presented itself as $sender_helo_name)

in "check_recipient" will produce

presented itself as [127.0.0.1])

in all outgoing messages sent via "localhost". That's when using Mozilla
client. What's the best way around this? Perhaps I don't need the HELO
check when sending like this, but I do want it for incoming messages,
and possibly also hosts the setup relays for...

The full "check_recipient:" is

check_recipient:
  accept  hosts = :
  warn    hosts = +rbl_hosts
          message = X-RBL-Warning: $sender_host_address is listed at
$dnslist_domain
          dnslists =
list.dsbl.org:sbl.spamhaus.org:proxies.blackholes.easynet.nl:relays.ordb.org:bl.spamcop.net:dnsbl.njabl.org:cbl.abuseat.org
  warn    !verify = helo
          message = Message sent with invalid HELO/EHLO
($sender_host_name [$sender_host_address] presented itself as
$sender_helo_name)
  require verify = sender
  require verify = recipient
  accept  domains = +local_domains
  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
  deny    message = relay not permitted

(Note: This is based on convert4r4 output, and I don't know the r4
format that well, so there could be other oddities there, too.)