Re: [Exim] disabling outgoing mail

Author: vadik
To: Dan Egli, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] disabling outgoing mail
Dan Egli wrote:

> vadik wrote:

>>> Why not do what i do? Use Exim for outgoing mail, and have it use
>>> your ISP's
>>> mailserver as a "smart host"?
>>>

>> I am running exim on the server not my home computer and from home I do
>> use ISP mailserver, so there is no reasons to have outgoing mail from
>> that server. As a result I would prefer to have it simply disable.
>>

> If you are getting all mail from your ISP's server what is the point
> of running Exim at all? Seems like a waste of resources. Exim is a
> mail transport agent. If your ISP's MTA is dealing with all the mail,
> why use exim at all?

I am using this server for incoming mail, for number of different people
(as well as some other stuff), so I do use Exim for incoming mail (and
sometimes a lot of it). I am not using it for ourbound mail, and this
feature I want to disable. I am (as well as other people) are using ISP
SMTP for outbound mail only (sbc, comcast have port 25 and 465 closed).

Thanks,