Re: [Exim] Final Peer Review Sought: "Spam Filtering for MXs…

Author: Dominik Ruf
To: Tor Slettnes
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Final Peer Review Sought: "Spam Filtering for MXs" HOWTO
* Tor Slettnes <tor@???> [2004-07-07 22:49]:

> The document covers various techniques for SMTP-time spam filtering in
> incoming mail exchangers. A sample implementation is provided, using
> the Exim MTA and other specific software/tools.

Oh, thank you so much!!
I already thought of creating such a document but never had
the time. :-( Now I have a resource to point people to when
they ask questions.

> If you have any comments, feedback, or contributions, now is the time
> to make them. (Actually, yesterday was, but better late than later).

http://slett.net/spam-filtering-for-mx/x384.html

Client:
Issues a DATA command to indicate that it is ready to send the message.

Server:
Responds 250.

That's not correct. The server responds with a 354 intermediate
success reply code (see RFC 2821).

Maybe it would be a nice idea to follow RFC 2606 and use .example
domains for your examples instead of constructs like <sender@address>.
But that's rather cosmetic.

Will read through the rest of your document when I have more time.
Again, thanks for your efforts, very appreciated!

Kind Regards, Dominik