Re: [Exim] newbie email problems

Autor: K. Shantanu
A: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] newbie email problems
* Tim Jackson <lists@???> [040706 09:30]:
> I think he meant a general "tips" document about Exim, rather than one
> written for qmail->Exim conversion.

Right. More like a tutorial.

> 1. The Exim 'specification' (i.e. manual). Get it from the website/FTP.
> Exim is possibly one of the best-document pieces of open source software

I skimmed through it. Does it by any chance assume that you already know
Exim's earlier versions atleast. I found it to be more of a reference
manual than a tutorial.

> 2. The Exim book. Buy it from a book shop. It's also written by Philip
> Hazel, the author of Exim. It's not just a reprint of the manual.

Wowoww!!! that is too high priced for people in this part of world.
My whole year of college books were for less amount.

> 3. The Exim FAQ. There are lots of references and examples including a
> "configuration cookbook" which tells you, simply & easily, how to do lots
> of common things. Get it here:
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/FAQ.html

OK, I will take a look.

> http://exim.got-there.com/forums/

Well seems good for advanced reading though.

> and I've written a mini-HOWTO about spam and virus scanning:
>
> http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php

Same here, might need this and above if I stick up with exim for a few
weeks. Sorry about being a bit edgy in the previous mails but I come from
a background of qmail where MTAs are fun and easy things in life :)

Regards,
Shantanu