Re: [exim] Re: [Exim] Help with acl_check_rcpt

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: [Exim] Help with acl_check_rcpt
On 2004-07-06 Graham Dodd <g.dodd@???> wrote:
> Tuesday, July 6, 2004, 12:15:04 PM, you wrote:
>> On 2004-07-06 Graham Dodd <g.dodd@???> wrote:

> >> The problem with this is exim will then attempt to return the email
> >> to sender (but what if the sender isn't valid)

>> No. There is no mail to return. We are simply rejecting RCPT TO.

> But according to my acl_check_rcpt rules I am not rejecting the mail
> because when I debug I get

> Testing eric@???

[...]
> routing eric@???
> --------> lookuphost router <--------

[...]
> so I get a log full of

>     1 0hy900clrw6e4e@??? F=<office@???>
>             R=router_cyrus_local T=transport_cyrus_local: Child
>             process of transport_cyrus_local transport returned
>             65 (could mean error in input data) from command: /usr/libexec/cyrus/deliver

[...]

Looks like your configuration is missing a (verify_only) router that
checks whether the address is in the local cyrus-db or not. - They way
you have set it up exim cannot tell without running deliver. (Which
obviously is only done when delivering the mail, not when testing
whether we want to deliver it all.

              cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"