Re: [Exim] newbie email problems

Author: Philip Hazel
To: K. Shantanu
CC: Andreas Metzler, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] newbie email problems
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, K. Shantanu wrote:

> * Andreas Metzler <eximusers@???> [040706 03:22]:
>
> > What do you expect the router to do? The redirect router re-routes
> > messages according to the contents of file= or the data option.
> >
> > http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_22.html#SECT22.1
>
> Ok. I read that, but I don't quite understand exim's terminology. What
> exactly do I put in my "file" tag?

It depends entirely on what you want to achieve! "file" specifies the
name of a file that contains redirection data. Alternatively, you can
specify "data", which *is* the redirection data.

Redirection data can just be a list of redirections, like a standard
.forward file, or it can be an Exim or a Sieve filter "script" (you have
to set allow_filter to enable that).