RE: [Exim] Rfc 2821 par 4.1.4 is this still valid or was it…

Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Rfc 2821 par 4.1.4 is this still valid or was it replace.
lists wrote:

..[snip]...

> So would a solution to the problem to make my RDNS say
> mail.efastfunding.com(66.226.235.118
> ) instead of efastfunding.com(66.226.235.118)

Yes it would as long as that is the actual problem.

> In my case the only other thing I can do it put my mail server outside
> my firewwall or to install a new firewall just for the mail server which
> is kinda costly. If I must have DNS/RDNS both be the exact ip of the
> mail server then how the hell to you this if you have dozens of mail
> server in a company (ie hp.com,hotmail,yahoo,msn). I mean yes I exact a
> log error a sstated in the RFC but does it not say you can't deny and
> yes my helo should be stating mail.efastfundig.com which does resolve to
> 66.226.235.114 port 25 only.

Lots of different ways, one example is to have seperate IP addresses for
each server, another is to have them all helo the same from the same IP,
another is to have the 'load-balanced' behind one IP address, etc.
It is not difficult.

Rather than build a new firewall, temporarily change the HELO string used
in the SMTP router for your exim installation, that should at least give
you a matching RDNS to A record.

..[snip]...

--

--EAL--