Re: [Exim] Sender Verify

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Sender Verify
On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 14:44, Ron McKeating wrote:
> Looking at page 339/50 of Phils's book, I am still not clear on how far
> sender verify goes. It implies that it is only interested in where it
> can send a bounce message to, so does that mean if it can find an mx
> value for the domain part then it is happy ?

verify = sender

does a routing check only, so its run through exim's routers. For
remote addresses this normally means its a check on MX existence/sanity
only.

verify = sender/callout

will effectively do a check to the level of the user, and also picks up
dead/unreachable MXes etc, unless defer_ok is set.

    Nigel.