Re: [Exim] Sender Verify

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Sender Verify
On 2004-07-01 Ron McKeating <R.J.Mckeating@???> wrote:
> Looking at page 339/50 of Phils's book, I am still not clear on how far
> sender verify goes. It implies that it is only interested in where it
> can send a bounce message to, so does that mean if it can find an mx
> value for the domain part then it is happy ?

[...]

It runs the routers in verify mode, i.e. basically "exim -bv
add@ress", therefore it depends on *your* routers what is acceptable.
- If you've just the normal

dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp

then a MX is suffficient, otoh if you've a smarthost-setup, simply
sending everything to another host
smarthost:
driver = manualroute
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * some.host

then the sender verify basically is uselss, as it will always
succeed.
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"