Re: [Exim] Exim and mail statistics

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and mail statistics
Quoth Bruce Richardson on Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 17:01:39 +0100
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 04:54:26PM +0100, Yann Golanski wrote:
> > If all you want is some states, then a little C code should parse the
> > log files and be easy enough to do. Hell, there perl/python maybe
> > easier to code but will thrash your machine unless the log files are
> > small (< gigs).
>
> As long as you have taken the sensible step of transferring the logs to
> a machine other than the one processing the mail, this isn't really an
> issue.

...unless that machine cannot process the logs in less than 24 hours.
Don't laugh, I've seen logs big enough that perl scripts would just not
hack it in a day.

For most systems, yeah we are in agreement. *grins*

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318