Re: [Exim] X-Source headers

Author: Peter Richards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] X-Source headers
Hi,

--- Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
> Did you discover where the headers are being added?
> They're not a standard
> feature of Exim, and you'd probably know if you'd
> fiddled with your Exim
> config to put them in.

I don't have access to the Exim config. Adding or
removing headers does appear to be a std Exim feature
though isn't it ? At:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-1.90/doc/html/spec_14.html#SEC347

I see the 'headers_add' and 'headers_remove' options,
so it's a std Exim feature, but I guess you mean this
type of hdr (X-Source) isn't a std Exim feature ?

> You mentioned Horde and PHPMail in an earlier post -
> one of those is
> probably putting them there, in which case, that's
> where to look in order to
> change them.

No matter what email method is being used, they all
eventually invoke Exim, so it seems to be all sourced
from Exim.

> They look like they're relevant to some
> kind of web submission
> agent, and that they refer to a directory structure
> in your web server
> config - they don't mean anything in Exim-land.

Yes, they refer to a standard website structure,
passing the path where a script or other tool was
executed.

Peter