RE: [Exim] @mx_any/ignore & route_list interpretation

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Eli
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] @mx_any/ignore & route_list interpretation
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Eli wrote:

> I don't know if it really is doing a lookup or not. I'm just assuming it is
> based on the output I see when it says it's trying to look up the IP for it.

> 12:39:32 19267 finding IP address for 10.1.0.102
> 12:39:32 19267 calling host_find_byname

host_find_byname is an Exim function that finds an IP address from a
host name or an IP address. It calls the system function
gethostbyname(), from whose man page this is taken:

DESCRIPTION
       The gethostbyname() function returns a structure of  type  hostent  for
       the  given  host  name.   Here  name  is either a host name, or an IPv4
       address in standard dot notation, or an IPv6 address in colon (and pos-
       sibly  dot)  notation.

No DNS lookup is involved.