Re: [Exim] Rumplestiltskin attacks anyway to combat them?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Fred Viles
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Rumplestiltskin attacks anyway to combat them?
On 23 Jun 2004 at 18:54, lists wrote about
    "[Exim] Rumplestiltskin attacks anyw":

| I have a mail gateway running 4.34 clamd and spamassasin with a smart_route
| to a internal exim box.

| I wish I could think if a way to check the internal boxes user list before
| the ext. gateway passes the message on.

You have an MX that blindly accepts all recipients, and then
generates bounces for the invalid ones? Bad, *very* bad.

| I turned on verify_recipient but
| that did not seem to change anything.

Plain verify_recipient just confirms that there's a router that will
accept the message. Your "smart_route" router is accepting all
recipients for your domain. Either teach your MX what the valid user
list is, or enable callouts on your verify_recipient so it can ask
the internal box.

- Fred