Re: [Exim] Adding callback timeout info in messages

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users, Sandip Bhattacharya
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding callback timeout info in messages
At 10:38 am +0100 2004/06/23, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
>
>> I use defer_ok in sender verify callouts, and a mail is accepted even though
>> its sender could not be verified using callout. Is it possible to add a
>> header to the mail in this case saying that this sender could not be
>> verified using callout even though his domain verified ok.
>
>Not as far as I know.

I think yes, just don't use defer_ok but use acl variables. Taken
from my configuration:

warn !sender_domains = aol.com : yahoo.com : netscape.net<<ignore those domains
      set acl_c7      = 4 <<< value if the callout defers
      verify          = sender/callout=30s,random
      set acl_c7      = 0 <<< value if the callout succeeds

warn !sender_domains = aol.com : yahoo.com : netscape.net
      !verify         = sender/callout=30s,random
      log_message     = callout failed
      set acl_c7      = 8  <<< value if the callout fails
      set acl_m2 = YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS: $sender_address_local_part
COULD NOT BE VERIFIED, CHECK IT AND RESEND\n<<< this is the
contribution to the error message
      condition = ${if match {$sender_address_local_part}{\N([0-9]{2})\N}\
                                {yes}{no}} <<< I am tougher with these senders..
      set acl_c7      = 10 << and give them 10 points if they fail callout

clearly you can simplify a lot, as I do not reject solely based on
callout, mine is somehow more than you need. But you can see how to
do what you want I hope.

Note that, since the callout is cached, only one callout is actually
performed, as in the more common usage.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/