Re: [Exim] Wishlist, JIS safe custom error messages

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christian Balzer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Wishlist, JIS safe custom error messages
Philip wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Christian Balzer wrote:

[JIS stuff]

>If you put a string like that into a bounce message file that is
>expanded, you must escape the dollar signs. Or surround the whole
>sequence with \N ... \N which disables expansion for what is in between.

Duh, I should have known by now that if something works in one place
(I use \N \N in other places and for other reasons already) it will
work everywhere. :)

>> An obvious solution would be to ignore unknown $xyz sequences
>
>On general principles, I do not like that. A simple typo then goes
>unnoticed. Far too much of a gotcha.

Understood and agreed, esp. with the above workaround present.

>> Along the same lines I would suggest adding a quota_warn_message_file
>> option,
>
>Noted.

Thanks a bundle.

Oh, something I wanted to wishlist for the longest time and keep
forgetting...

It would be lovely if exim_checkaccess would bypass any and all delays
in ACLs. You don't want to wait 30s or more if you're testing an IP
that is in an ACL which triggers a delay (or several).

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services