Re: [Exim] literal domains in Exim 4 / local_domains_include…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: David Burton
CC: exim-users
Tópicos Novos: Re: [Exim] literal domains in Exim 4 / local_domains_include_host_literals
Assunto: Re: [Exim] literal domains in Exim 4 / local_domains_include_host_literals / "domain literals not allowed"
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, David Burton wrote:

> When I uncomment this line in exim.conf...
>
>     # local_domains_include_host_literals

> ....exim 4.30 won't run. It reports an error and quits:

That line does not exist in Exim 4's default configuration. You must
have an Exim 3 configuration file.

> Obviously, the local_domains_include_host_literals option has
> been removed in Exim 4.

Yes.

> The desupport of that option doesn't seem to be mentioned
> anywhere in the documentation on the exim.org web site.

I do seem not to have listed it explicitly in doc/Exim4.upgrade, but I
do say in there that the concept of local domains is entirely abolished.

> But it certainly does seem to be gone. (Maybe this change is
> documented in the Exim 4 book -- I only have the Exim 3 book.)

The Exim 4 book describes Exim 4. It does not describe changes from Exim
3. That would just confuse new users. The changes are described in
doc/Exim4.upgrade in the distribution.

> I wish it hadn't been removed.

It had to be removed. Exim 4 has no built-in concept of local domains.
Therefore, it was meaningless.

> But the comment with it
> suggests an alternative approach:
>
>     # If you want to accept mail addressed to your host's literal IP address, for
>     # example, mail addressed to "user@???", then uncomment the
>     # following line, or supply the literal domain(s) as part of "local_domains"
>     # above. You also need to comment "forbid_domain_literals" below. This is not
>     # recommended for today's Internet.

>     # local_domains_include_host_literals

Why not look at the Exim 4 default configuration file?

> How can this be made to work? The RFCs require it!

Why not look at the Exim 4 default configuration file? A grep for
"literal" will get you to the right place.