Re: [Exim] literal domains in Exim 4 / local_domains_include…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Stephen Gran
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] literal domains in Exim 4 / local_domains_include_host_literals / "domain literals not allowed"
On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 05:30:39PM -0400, David Burton said:
> When I uncomment this line in exim.conf...
>
>     # local_domains_include_host_literals

> ....exim 4.30 won't run. It reports an error and quits:
>
>     main option "local_domains_include_host_literals" unknown

> Obviously, the local_domains_include_host_literals option has
> been removed in Exim 4.

Correct.

>     # If you want to accept mail addressed to your host's literal IP address, for
>     # example, mail addressed to "user@???", then uncomment the
>     # following line, or supply the literal domain(s) as part of "local_domains"
>     # above. You also need to comment "forbid_domain_literals" below. This is not
>     # recommended for today's Internet.

> Also, as the instructions say, I commented out
> forbid_domain_literals:
>
>     # forbid_domain_literals

You're looking to do the inverse:

allow_domain_literals

And then you can set:
domainlist local_domains = myhost.example : [111.111.111.111]

or

domainlist local_domains = myhost.example : @[]

The second version causes all the IP addresses for your host to be
recognized in IP literal format. This is only accepting email in domain
literal format, mind you - if you want to send to addresses this way,
you'll have to set up a router to do so.

All of this is taken from the fine book on Exim4, pages 437-8. I didn't
have a chance to look at the online docs to see if it is there, but I
have found that most of the things in the dead tree version are in the
regular docs, so I would be surprised if it was missing. I just happen
to be a little old fashioned, and like reading books :)

Take care,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Knowledge, sir, should be free to all!  |
|  steve@???             | -- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate      |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | 4513.3                                  |