Re: [Exim] Retry Times for Bounce Messages

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Matt Hubbard
CC: Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Retry Times for Bounce Messages
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Matt Hubbard wrote:

> I've found that "ignore_bounce_errors_after" doesn't appear to work for
> short time periods, e.g. "2h". I see frozen error messages that are 12
> hours and older when this setting is set to "2h".

Please run

exim -d -Mc <message id> 2>/some/file

on such a message and send me the debug output. It should force an
unfreezing, try a delivery, and if this fails hard, delete the message.

NOTE: This feature applies only to hard failures. If your bounce message
is getting temporary errors (connection failed, etc), it is treated like
any other message.

> On a related note, as a potential wish list item. Would it be possible
> to specify "retry rules" by sender (specifically the null sender '<>')?

Noted.

> I have problems with bounce messages that do not get hard errors on
> delivery attempt accumulating on my mail queues. Ideally, I'd like to
> specify retry rules and give up on sending any kind of bounce after a
> certain time period.

Aha! So they aren't hard errors.

The workaround is a router like this:

lose_bounces:
driver = redirect
senders = :
condition = ${if > {$message_age}{3600}{yes}{no}}
data = :blackhole:

Not tested, may be buggy, but you get the idea.