Re: [Exim] exim 3.x treatment of failure in transport_filter

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chris Lightfoot
Para: exim-users
CC: Tim Jackson
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exim 3.x treatment of failure in transport_filter
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 12:10:25PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> > Philip -- any suggestions?
>
> I'm afraid you are on your own with Exim 3 nowadays. The only suggestion
> is "read the code".

fair enough.

I note that there are quite a lot of places where you
ignore EPIPE, which I think is the source of this
difficulty (this has been changed in v4); what was the
rationale for this?

> However, a general comment about transport filters that applies to Exim
> 4 as well is that "a transport filter should not fail".

... or take a long time, apparently.

--
``Hi, I'm [name], and I'm calling on behalf of Alliance and Leicester...
I'm sorry, I mean `BarclayCard'.'' (phone call from unknown telemarketer)