Re: [Exim] Is there a way to prepend lines to the body of a …

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Is there a way to prepend lines to the body of a mail?
On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:39:08AM -0700, Marilyn Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm using
> > warn
> > message = SOMEHEADER: Some value
> > to add header lines from Exiscan ACLs. Now I'm wondering if there's a
> > possibility to also add (or more precisely, prepend) lines to the body
> > of a message? That would allow it to print the SpamAssassin report in
> > the body of the mail where the user actually sees it instead of
> > putting it into the header (where users obviously don't look).
>
> If the message is delivered via an appendifle or pipe transport then
> you can say:
>
> message_prefix = Any thing you want

message_prefix is inserted at the beginning of the entire message, not at
the start of the message body. This will not do what he wants.

Exim's job is delivering messages, not altering the messages they
contain. The best way for the OP to do what he wants is to use the pipe
transport to send spam-tagged messages through a filter that adds the
necessary text.

Of course, Spamassassin is just such a filter. If the OP is not
rejecting mail that Spamassasin flags, then he could take the Exiscan
spam test out of his ACLs and simply run incoming mail through a
standard Spamassassin pipe, with spamassassin configured to add the spam
summary to the message body.

--
Bruce

The ice-caps are melting, tra-la-la-la. All the world is drowning,
tra-la-la-la-la. -- Tiny Tim.