Re: [Exim] Is there a way to prepend lines to the body of a …

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: Gabriel Ambuehl
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Is there a way to prepend lines to the body of a mail?
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using
> warn
> message = SOMEHEADER: Some value
> to add header lines from Exiscan ACLs. Now I'm wondering if there's a
> possibility to also add (or more precisely, prepend) lines to the body
> of a message? That would allow it to print the SpamAssassin report in
> the body of the mail where the user actually sees it instead of
> putting it into the header (where users obviously don't look).

If the message is delivered via an appendifle or pipe transport then
you can say:

message_prefix = Any thing you want

in the transport. For example:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part
message_prefix = Delivered to $local_part by Exim

I'm not aware that this is available for other transports.

Good luck!

Marilyn Davis