Re: [Exim] return_path in autoreply

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marilyn Davis
Para: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] return_path in autoreply
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 12:30 -0700, Marilyn Davis wrote:
> > Hello Experts,
> >
> > The autoreply driver, by default, sends <> for the envelope sender. Is
> > there any way to get it to put in an address? I'd like to know if the
> > autoreply bounces.
>
> I sincerely hope not. To send an autoreply with a non-empty reverse-path
> of its own would be extremely dangerous. If I ever detect such a thing I

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

Auto-replies with Return-paths happen all the time if the auto-reply
is generated outside exim.

For example, I just sent a 'help' to exim-users-request@???.
The reply starts:

>From exim-users-request@??? Wed Jun 16 08:22:51 2004

    by deliberate.com with smtp (Exim 4.22)

If I push all mail that comes to the generated Return-path into a pipe
that deals with it, there ought not be a problem?

Or, long as the Return-path is different from the original recipient,
and it makes sense, we should be ok?

Thank you for thinking about this.

Marilyn