Re: [Exim] Delivery errors for unknown users

Author: Michael Dominok
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Delivery errors for unknown users
On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 09:40, Graham Dodd wrote:
>     1 3dmike@??? F=<E1BVrb8-0006Ib-00@???>
>             R=router_cyrus_local T=transport_cyrus_local: Child
>             process of transport_cyrus_local transport returned
>             65 (could mean error in input data) from command: /usr/libexec/cyrus/deliver

> None of these users exist, so all I really want to do is either drop the
> mails "not polite" or return a "user not known" mail to the sender.

Well, exim accepted these non-existing users and tried to deliver to
them locally via transport_cyrus_local which failed.
Are your cyrus-mailboxes named using the users $local_part or something
else?
Just a wild guess since a few days ago i was hasseling to convince cyrus
not to use $local_part as mailboxname but to read the corresponding
mailboxname from a db.

HTH Michael

--
Michael Dominok        Tel.: +49 231 61048 - 42
natural computing GmbH    Fax.: +49 231 61048 - 40