Re: [Exim] Using "authenticated = *"

Author: Konrad Michels
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Exim] Using "authenticated = *"
Hi again folks
Just to let you know I figured out what the problem was in the end:
although I'm still a little puzzled as to why it was happening.

I have an:

accept authenticated = *

in my acl, ^followed^ by a

deny message = . . . . .
     dnslists =

which looks to the dnsbl's I'm using.

As far as I understood the ACL's order mattered, much like routers, so I
would have thought that if a message was coming in from an asmtp
session, it would get caught by the "accept authenticated = *" ACL and
proceed to routing and delivering the message.

This, however, does not seem to be the case! How I got it to work was
to ammend my dnsbl blocks to read something along the lines of

deny !authenticated = *
     message =  . . . .
     dnslists =  . . .

Somehow it still doesn't see right though that I have to specify it for
each of my dnsbl lookups . . .

Later
Konrad