Re: [Exim] Matching bounce recipients against sender hashes

Author: Tony Finch
To: Tor Slettnes
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Matching bounce recipients against sender hashes
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Tor Slettnes wrote:

> If everyone was doing exactly what I am doing (i.e. "local_part_suffix
> = +*"), it would not be a problem; I greylist based on "$local_part",
> i.e. minus the "$local_part_suffix".

$local_part and $local_part_suffix apply to recipient (i.e. local)
addresses. You should not be assuming anything about the structure of
local parts at mail domains outside your control. This also applies to
Dennis Davis's comments about MMDF and Sendmail (to which list I would add
qmail). The various proposed standards for signed sender addresses usually
involve a special token in the local part (as well as whatever extra
syntax is necessary) to make them less likely to clash with existing local
parts.

--
Tony Finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/