Re: [Exim] SMTP Logging

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: steven
Para: Exim User's Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP Logging
> I'm going to ask a stupid question here (apparently I'm good at it! :-)...
>
> What possible legitimate business (especially considering it uses
> FreeBSD and Exim), ...

1. In large scale email infrastructures the file system becomes a bottle neck.
2. Interactions with an open connection to a database have lower latency and
delay than file system interactions.
3. Data organization. Grep and sed may be good enough for a personal mail box
but will not suffice in large systems that organize email data.
4. Applications other than personal mail can (do) also use email to process
data.

I too would like to hear the experience of others moving message body data
through Exim to a database.

I would also like to hear of experiences with the Exim spool in large scale
systems.

With respect,
Steven

--