Re: [Exim] SMTP Logging

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeff Lasman
Para: exim-users
CC: Lonnie Santella
Assunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP Logging
On Sunday 13 June 2004 10:51 am, Lonnie Santella wrote:

> I can offer you a description of my company though

You've satisfied me, Lonnie. I hope you appreciate the reasons for my
concern.

> What I'm asking for is a good approach to storing and recording
> message bodies so they can be retrieved based on intelligent,
> structured searches.

That's a good and important question and frankly I don't think you're
going to find any easy answer. The problem is that any method for
storing emails is going to install them as complete bodies.

> I had always believed that database storage of
> emails was the best method for this, but if there's a better way, I'm
> all ears.

My guess is probably that Google has the best technology for doing
precisely what you want to do; I know they offer hardware solutions,
and my bet is that they'd be a better place to look, than to look at
doing it yourselves.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation