Re: [Exim] SMTP Logging

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeff Lasman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP Logging
On Saturday 12 June 2004 03:25 pm, Lonnie Santella wrote:

> Nested deep inside that reply, Greg, in between the sarcasm and
> insults, is some good advice, indeed some common sense among the BSD
> pros. If you re-read my question I think you'll discover that I'm
> completely open to doing this the best way possible.

But nested deep inside this reply of yours, Lonnie, is some very
important information as well:

> We send out thousands of email campaigns per night - to folks who
> have registered for such a service.

I strongly believe that you believe you're doing right and good for
yourself, for your company, and for the recipients of your email.

> "Lonnie Santella" <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@???>

But then why must you hide from us who you are and the name of the
company you do this for?

> * Send 25,000 email messages per night as a single campaign.

The last gent who told me this, when all was said and done, was
attempting more like 25,000,000 emails per night... but he didn't want
to admit that. You may be telling the truth, but unless you tell us
who you are and the name of the company you do this for there's no way
for us to obtain any kind of verification.

> I've stayed away from
> posting in these groups for as long as I could.

And frankly, that's a red flag for me as well; are you afraid to ask us?
Afraid of what we might ask you when we know a few details?

I wish I could feel comfortable that you're not abusing the purpose of
Internet-based email, so that I could feel comfortable in helping you.

But with the information you've given, I can't.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation