[Exim] TLS verification not working between exim3 and exim4 …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dan McGrath
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] TLS verification not working between exim3 and exim4 machines
Sorry, one other problem...

My server runs exim3, and my backup MX (friend) runs exim4. Now we both can send using TLS fine with verification off, but as soon as I enabled it i get the error (private info forged):

2004-06-12 06:37:37 TLS error on connection from www.example.org (smtp.example.org) [10.0.0.2] (SSL_accept): error:140890C7:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:peer did not return a certificate

and then he proceeds to fall back to non tls mode to send. The way I got his cert was to get a copy of it in email and I placed it in /etc/exim/certificates. I also tried <hash>.0 in a dir as well with the same results. Below is a copy of my TLS related settings, can anyone see anything wrong?

# TLS settings
tls_certificate = /etc/exim/exim.crt
tls_privatekey = /etc/exim/exim.key
tls_advertise_hosts = *
tls_log_peerdn = true
tls_verify_certificates = /etc/exim/certificates
#tls_hosts = smtp.example.com
tls_verify_hosts = smtp.example.com

The tls_hosts is only disabled temp since its broken of course. But when I disable tls_verify_hosts, he connects fine. I assume its a problem with the certificate he sent me not matching whats in /etc/exim/certificates? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

troubled