Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: David
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM
Hi !!

> The RFC says:
>
>    An SMTP server MAY verify that the domain name parameter in the EHLO
>    command actually corresponds to the IP address of the client.
>    However, the server MUST NOT refuse to accept a message for this
>    reason if the verification fails: the information about verification
>    failure is for logging and tracing only.

> I'm not entirely sure if this permits rejections for other policy reasons,
> e.g. bare IP addresses, unqualified domains, saying the receiver's name
> instead of the sender's. The latter especially is very close to the
> forbidden reason.

maybe this rfc should be updated, as now this kind of tests are very
useful to detect spam and viruses, almost 32% of the rejections we made
are based on helo tests and save us big badwidth and cpu usage, we
personally will prefer to see the 'MUST NOT refuse' changed by a 'MUST
reject' (or at least by a 'SHOULD reject')

--
Best regards ...

"Fascinating," said Spock, watching Kirk's lousy acting.

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53