Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM
On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 02:21:19PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> If you reject at HELO time, regardless of whether it's for policy
> reasons or just because you don't like the letter "z" in their domain
> name, the DSN written by the sender's mail server will not be even
> remotely anywhere near as likely to confuse the sending user into
> thinking there's something wrong with the recipient address and their
> own postmaster will be far more likely to get a clue as to what's wrong
> too.

We currently reject a few HELO parameters (such as giving our own
domain from a remote non-auth sender) at MAIL FROM.

What is your opinion of this with regards to this discussion? I
haven't noticed any problems from it, but mainly did it because
of the issues that have been discussed...

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???