Re: [Exim] moving the queue

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] moving the queue
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > I want to replace the queue from one exim server to another. Is the only
> > thing I have to do to copy all files of input/* to the new
> > input-directory? Or is the msg-directory also required?
>
> I didn't expect that this question is so hard. What do I have to do to
> move all queued messages from one mailserver to another one, both
> running exim? I don't want to risk that any message gets lost.

Either

(a) The recipient host must have an empty Exim spool.

OR

(b) You set localhost_number on both hosts and wait till all messages on
the both queues have arrived since you did this.

Otherwise, there is a small chance that there will be identical message
ids (and therefore identical filenames) on both hosts. So I suppose

OR

(c) You manually check that there are no duplicate file names.

Then just move input/* to move the messages. The msglog directory is for
your benefit. Move it if you want it.