[Exim] exim and mailclient

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Joachim Schwendtner
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] exim and mailclient
on our mailserver (debian/woody) is exim 3 running, almost all users
use webmail (squirrelmail 1.4.2) to read and send mails. we use
iptables to secure our serve. only one client should be able to get and
send mails via outlook or another mailsoftware and here begins our
problem:
here are the rules of iptables:

>         # mail in for iBook
>         ${ipt} -A INPUT -i ${ifint} -p tcp --dport 25 -s 192.168.23.42
> \
>                 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
>         ${ipt} -A OUTPUT -o ${ifint} -p tcp --sport 25 -d
> 192.168.23.42 \
>                 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

>         # mail out for iBook
>         ${ipt} -A INPUT -i ${ifint} -p tcp --dport 143 -s
> 192.168.23.42 \
>                 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
>         ${ipt} -A OUTPUT -o ${ifint} -p tcp --sport 143 -d
> 192.168.23.42 \
>                 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

when I create an IMAP-account on the cleint, i can read the mails but I
cannot send.
why? does exim only mails from localhost pass by? can i tell exim to
accept mails from a client?

joachim