Re: [Exim] Block incomming email from specific host

Autor: Tor Slettnes
A: Ioannou
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Block incomming email from specific host
On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 05:18, Ioannou wrote:
> i want to block email from a specific IP because i receive in my mail server a thousand of mails from specifc host,
> i have exim with mysql 4.22 support, amavis, clamav and spamassasin
> if anyone know how to make that please write in the list.

In the main (top) section of your config file:

     acl_smtp_connect = acl_check_connect

Then in the ACL section (after "begin acl"):

     deny message = locally blacklisted host
          hosts   = ${if exists {/etc/mail/blacklist-hosts} \
                         {/etc/mail/blacklist-hosts}{}}

You would put the hosts -- either single IP addresses, or subnet/mask
(CIDR) notation, or address/name wildcard notation -- in that file.  For
instance:
        *.hotmail.com
        24.0.0.0/8
        24.4.199.45